Friday, July 30, 2010

Last Week

Whoops! I forgot to blog about my activities last week! On Saturday I sold programs at a local football game.They were $2, and the organization recieved $1 out of every one sold! We raised $30 towards the Young and Youth Vincentians. It was a fun little get-together despite some rainy weather.

Tuesday, I did more home visits with Mrs. Harper. Each time we go, my determination to help people increases. Most people would assume that there are no poor in my area, but I have seen otherwise. It really opens your eyes to the sufferings of humanity. It feels so good to help people! An interestig aspect to SVDP is that we don't judge people or their situation. Yes, they may have made a lot of bad decisions or used their money for non-need items, but that's not what's important. Our purpose is to help people, not decide if they are worthy enough.

-S

Hours Volunteered:3
Total Hours To Date:22

No comments:

Post a Comment