Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Final Product

The past few days have been INSANE preparing for the charity motorcycle ride. There were door prizes to pick up, tickets to be organized, etc. The other day I put in 2 hours taking calls and calling people back on our answering service. It was a little hectic seeing as I had never done it before.

Today was the ride! I got up early and headed over to Applejack's, a bar-diner where the route was going to start. I helped register riders&passengers, handed out wristbands, and passed out raffle tickets. Bikers kept pouring in! The event was really exciting. People initially take bikers to be harsh people, but we saw a very generous and philanthropic side to them. Each person was more than willing to buy raffle tickets and donate money to the cause. I met some really interesting people (and yes, I wore black clothes with studs on them!). I'll keep you posted on how much we raised for St. Vincent de Paul and other local food pantries :)

Here is a picture of Cozzy and I, one of the organizers of the event. The other ones are from the parking lot.





Hours Volunteered:4
Total Hours To Date:34

No comments:

Post a Comment